Schools have a key role to play in Safeguarding Children and Child Protection.
Safeguarding includes issues such as:
- Harrassment and discrimination
- Racist abuse
- Use of physical intervention
- Providing First Aid
- Drug and substance misuse
- Internet Safety
- School site security
- Preventing radicalisation
- Children Missing from Education (CME)
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Child Sexual Expoitation (CSE)
Child Protection is one aspect of Safeguarding.It refers to those actions that are taken to protect specific children who may be suffering, or at risk of suffering, significant harm.
At St Barnabas we have policies and procedures to keep the children in our care safe.