Why do we like the internet?
- It is interesting and fun.
- We can learn a lot from the internet.
- We use it for our school work.
- We love to use it for our learning, including using websites like Purple Mash and Times Table Rockstars.
What are the dangers of children using the internet?
- We could see or hear things that are not suitable for us.
- People on the internet are not always who they say that they are, and they may be someone else.
- People could ask you for personal information about yourself, which is dangerous.
- Not everybody on the internet is kind.
- There are things on the internet which are not appropriate for us.
How does St Barnabas School keep children safe when they use the internet at school?
- The adults are always aware of which websites we are on, and monitor this to make sure that we are safe.
- The adults explain to use how to use the internet safely using SMART and other resources.
- Our school network filters our search results so that everything we see is safe for us.
If children have a problem when they are online, what should they do?
- Keep calm and tell an adult straight away.
- Stay on the page until they have shown an adult so that they can see what has made us feel worried or upset.
- Block and report anyone that is being unkind.
- Keep messages from others if they are being unkind so that they can be shown to an adult who can help solve the situation.
St Barnabas' online safety rules are:
- We ask permission before we use the internet and we only use website that an adult has agreed for us to use.
- We must keep our passwords to ourselves.
- We must keep our personal information to ourselves at all times online.
- We must tell a grown up if we see or hear anything that makes us upset or worried.
- We must never look for, save or send, anything that could be unkind or upsetting for others.