Our Vision & Values
Launch of our new Christian vision vehicle.
St Barnabas CEVC Primary School provides a welcoming, positive community in which the children learn respect for others, whilst being challenged to realise their full individual potential.
Our school family is a strong, vibrant Christian community, with a mission to inspire a love of God, each other and learning. This helps us all grow in faith, wisdom and compassion. Once ‘rooted in love’ we flourish: living fruitfully, branching out and sharing God’s love in St Barnabas and beyond.
Within God’s love, we will support and encourage one another to grow and flourish.
Nurture, Grow, Flourish
Jesus said: ‘Love each other as I have loved you’. John 15:12
At the heart of our school ethos are our four core values: compassion, hope, courage and respect. We integrate teaching the values throughout all lessons and our wide range of sporting, cultural and arts based enrichment activities.
Jeremiah 29:11 ''For I know the plans I have for you,'' declares the Lord, ''plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.''
Our Senior Leadership Team chose Hope because:-
- We want to lead from a position of hope to support us to make bold and courageous decisions. We want hope to drive our curriculum, our language choices and our daily interactions.
- It is important to have hope in order to 'see there is light despite the darkness...' Desmond Tutu
Timothy 1:7 ''For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but one of power, and of love, and of sound mind.''
Our children chose Courage because:-
- If you don’t step out of your comfort zone then you will live a life where you are scared of everything.
- Courage is not the absence of fear; it is acting in spite of fear knowing that with God's protection and guidance, we have nothing to fear and can conquer anything.
Micah 6:88 ''And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.''
Our staff chose Respect because:-
- This should be the impact of our curriculum and education as it should be calling us to see Gods love in action.
- Our curriculum enables children to be courageous advocates and seek what is respectful and fair locally, nationally and globally - choosing love of one another.
Psalm 116:5 "The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion."
Our children chose Forgiveness because:-
- It is the most important value in a human.
If you forgive it gives you freedom to live in peace.